In the diversity of peoples who experience the gift of God,
each in accordance with its own culture, the Church expresses her genuine catholicity and shows forth the
“beauty of her varied face” (Pope Francis, The Joy of the Gospel).
We are glad that you are visiting our site!
Click below fill out a questionnaire before attending our gathering:
The Office of Multicultural Ministries seeks to serve all cultural and ethnic communities located in the Archdiocese of Indianapolis and to respond to the needs all new newcomers. We have assisted many immigrants within our diocese to join in parish and diocesan activities that are respectful to their cultures and enrich the lives of the immigrants within our Church.
This office works to promote an increased awareness of the cultural/ethnic strengths and diversity of the archdiocese, to assist parishes in developing services to meet multicultural needs, and offer intercultural approach to ethnic and cultural diversity in the Archdiocese.
Values to Guide Intercultural Ministry
- Mutual Respect; Honest and open
acceptance of all cultures
- Share traditions and time together learn from each other
- Unity and Diversity leading to growth in faith and spirit
- Embracing all cultures with humility
Hopes for Intercultural Ministry
- Actions that can be implemented at the parish level
- An evangelized inter-cultural ministry
- Engagement of everyone in church/parish to promote unity
- Stamp out fear by the majority population/groups
- Through stewardship, share our gifts to create support systems that tend to the needs of newcomers and their future generations, especially the young
Our Office Staff
- Fray Moises Gutierrez, OFM, Director
- Fr. Sam Cunningham, SVD, Hispanic Ministry-Coordinator
- Gloria Guillen, Assistant
- Sr. Jannette Pruit, OFM, Black Catholic Ministry-Coordinator
- Fr. Minh Duong, Vietnamese Ministry Coordinator