Main Site Navigation
Holy Family Shelter, an emergency shelter for homeless families, addresses the increasing demand for emergency shelter in Indianapolis and central Indiana by providing residential services designed to move homeless families to self-sufficiency.
The shelter has the capacity to house up to 30 families on any given night. Depending on family size, there are 55-85 individuals living at the shelter every night. This is their "home" while they are with us and we take this responsibility to heart. We work diligently to provide food, shelter, basic material needs and a safe place for families in crisis to begin to heal. Our case managers provide comprehensive services to assist families in setting goals & priorities, obtaining life skills such as budgeting, communication skills, parenting, stress management and more as families begin their journey to permanent housing.
Holy Family Shelter Christmas Wish List
Please click here
Top Ten Most Needed Items for the Month of December, 2013
1. Size 4 Diapers & Pull-ups
2. Breakfast Cereal and fresh fruit & vegetables
3. NEW Women’s Underwear (Size 5-10) and socks (All sizes)
4. Baby Items: Baby Bottles, No-Spill Cups, Baby Soap and Lotion
5. Meat (Luncheon meat for bag lunches, canned meat, fresh meat, etc.)
6. NEW Women’s Deodorant
7. FOOD: Pasta, drink mixes (Coffee, Kool-Aid, Tea, etc. ---with sweetener), canned vegetables and soup, canned baby food and baby formula (i.e. Enfamil)
8. Flat/fitted sheets and blankets
9. Bath towels and washcloths
10. FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE: Secure online donations can be made by going to the GIVE NOW link, or checks can be made payable to Holy Family Shelter and mailed directly to the shelter (907 N. Holmes Ave., Indianapolis, IN 46222-3714). All contributions are deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Enter your e-mail address below to begin the process!
Holy Family Shelter
907 N. Holmes Avenue, Indianapolis, Indiana 46222
For directions to shelter.