Main Site Navigation
Holy Family Shelter, a program of Catholic Charities Indianapolis, was the first emergency shelter specifically for homeless families in Indianapolis.
Holy Family Shelter has the capacity to house up to 22 families on any given night. Depending on family size, there are 55-85 individuals living at the shelter every night. This is their "home" while they are with us and we take this responsibility to heart. We work diligently to provide food, shelter, basic material needs and a safe place for families in crisis to begin to heal. Our casemanagers provide comprehensive services to assist families in setting goals & priorities, obtaining life skills such as budgeting, communication skills, parenting, stress management and more as families begin their journey to permanent housing.
Top Ten Most Needed Items for the Month of October 2016
1. Women’s deodorant
2. 4T/5T pull-ups
3. NEW Boy’s size Medium underwear
4. School supplies: colored pencils, regular pencils, loose leaf paper, binder dividers.
5. Ground coffee and powdered drink mix (Kool-Aid, lemonade. etc.)
6. Breakfast cereal (all cereals needed except Cheerios)
7. Kleenex tissues
8. Baby bath soap
9. Fresh Fruit (apples, oranges, grapes, bananas, etc.)
10. FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE: Secure online donations can be made by going to the GIVE NOW link, or checks can be made payable to Holy Family Shelter and mailed directly to the shelter (907 N. Holmes Ave., Indianapolis, IN 46222-3714). All contributions are deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Holy Family Shelter
907 N. Holmes Avenue, Indianapolis, Indiana 46222
For directions to shelter.