Main Site Navigation
Holy Family Shelter, a program of Catholic Charities Indianapolis, was the first emergency shelter specifically for homeless families in Indianapolis.
Holy Family Shelter has the capacity to house up to 22 families on any given night. Depending on family size, there are 55-85 individuals living at the shelter every night. This is their "home" while they are with us and we take this responsibility to heart. We work diligently to provide food, shelter, basic material needs and a safe place for families in crisis to begin to heal. Our casemanagers provide comprehensive services to assist families in setting goals & priorities, obtaining life skills such as budgeting, communication skills, parenting, stress management and more as families begin their journey to permanent housing.
Chili's is sponsoring a Give Back Program Fundraiser in support of Holy Family Shelter from February 1st-February 21st. During those 3 weeks, eat at any Indianapolis location (Noblesville, Eagle Creek, Martinsville, Plainfield, Traders Point, and Keystone) and present the attached voucher and 15% of your pre-tax purchase will benefit Holy Family Shelter!
Top Ten Most Needed Items for the Month of February 2017
1. Fresh fruit (oranges, apples, bananas)
2. Breakfast cereal (all cereals needed except Cheerios)
3. Ground coffee, tea, & Kool-Aid drink mix
4. School supplies: colored pencils & loose-leaf paper (college ruled)
5. Diapers (most needed sizes: 4 & 5)
6. Flat & fitted sheets (twin size)
7. Bath towels, wash cloths, & hand towels
8. School uniforms: white polos (sizes S-XL adults) & khaki pants (sizes 16 and up)
9. Hair conditioner
10. FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE: Secure online donations can be made by going to the GIVE NOW link, or checks can be made payable to Holy Family Shelter and mailed directly to the shelter (907 N. Holmes Ave., Indianapolis, IN 46222-3714). All contributions are deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Holy Family Shelter
907 N. Holmes Avenue, Indianapolis, Indiana 46222
For directions to shelter.