November 18, 2016

Sacred Heart Parish in Clinton celebrates 125th anniversary

Parishioners of Sacred Heart Parish in Clinton gather for the consecration of their new Marian grotto, far right, as part of the celebration of the parish’s 125th anniversary on Nov. 6. (Submitted photos by Marcia Stengel)

Parishioners of Sacred Heart Parish in Clinton gather for the consecration of their new Marian grotto, far right, as part of the celebration of the parish’s 125th anniversary on Nov. 6. (Submitted photos by Marcia Stengel)

Special to The Criterion

Sacred Heart Parish in Clinton, established in 1891, celebrated its 125th anniversary with a special Mass and consecration of a new Marian grotto on Nov. 6. The Mass and grotto consecration were celebrated by Msgr. William F. Stumpf, vicar general, and Father Varghese Maliakkal, Sacred Heart’s pastor.

According to a parish history written by Sacred Heart parishioner Nancy Dalsasso, the building of the current church began in 1908, using the Cathedral of Thuries in Ireland as the model. It was dedicated on June 13, 1909. †

 

 

 

Local site Links:

Like this story? Then share it!