August 16, 2019

From the Archives

Cornerstone laid in Yorkville

A cornerstone is laid for the new St. Martin Church in Yorkville in this photo from 1914. The parish school (now closed), with its bell tower, can be seen in the background. The former St. Martin Parish was founded in 1850 and is now part of All Saints Parish in Dearborn County. The church, which was constructed more than a century ago, is still in use.

A cornerstone is laid for the new St. Martin Church in Yorkville in this photo from 1914. The parish school (now closed), with its bell tower, can be seen in the background. The former St. Martin Parish was founded in 1850 and is now part of All Saints Parish in Dearborn County. The church, which was constructed more than a century ago, is still in use.
 

(Would you like to comment on or share information about this photo? Contact archdiocesan archivist Julie Motyka at 800-382-9836, ext. 1538; 317-236-1538; or by e-mail at jmotyka@archindy.org.)

 

Local site Links:

Like this story? Then share it!