July 13, 2018

From the Archives

St. Charles Borromeo Bell Choir

In this photo, the fourth-, fifth- and sixth-grade bell choir of St. Charles Borromeo Parish in Bloomington poses for a group photo in May 1981. Standing behind them are Providence Sister Mary Moller (back row left), who served as principal of the parish’s school, and Providence Sister Regina Marie McIntyre (back row right), who was the parish music director. According to The Criterion article accompanying the original photo, between 85 and 90 children were involved in hand bell choirs at St. Charles Borromeo Parish in 1981.

In this photo, the fourth-, fifth- and sixth-grade bell choir of St. Charles Borromeo Parish in Bloomington poses for a group photo in May 1981. Standing behind them are Providence Sister Mary Moller (back row left), who served as principal of the parish’s school, and Providence Sister Regina Marie McIntyre (back row right), who was the parish music director. According to The Criterion article accompanying the original photo, between 85 and 90 children were involved in hand bell choirs at St. Charles Borromeo Parish in 1981.
 

(Would you like to comment on or share information about this photo? Contact archdiocesan archivist Julie Motyka at 800-382-9836, ext. 1538; 317-236-1538; or by e-mail at jmotyka@archindy.org.)

 

Local site Links:

Like this story? Then share it!