March 16, 2018

From the Archives

Wedding at Most Precious Blood Church, New Middleton

A wedding Mass is celebrated in 1950 at Most Precious Blood Church in New Middleton. Most Precious Blood Parish was founded in 1880. Its original church building burned down in 1927. A new church was constructed the following year and is still in use today. Most Precious Blood Parish is now part of the Tri‑Parish Catholic Community in Harrison County, which also includes St. Joseph Parish in Corydon and St. Peter Parish in Harrison County.

A wedding Mass is celebrated in 1950 at Most Precious Blood Church in New Middleton. Most Precious Blood Parish was founded in 1880. Its original church building burned down in 1927. A new church was constructed the following year and is still in use today. Most Precious Blood Parish is now part of the Tri‑Parish Catholic Community in Harrison County, which also includes St. Joseph Parish in Corydon and St. Peter Parish in Harrison County.
 

(Would you like to comment on or share information about this photo? Contact archdiocesan archivist Julie Motyka at 800-382-9836, ext. 1538; 317-236-1538; or by e-mail at jmotyka@archindy.org.)

 

Local site Links:

Like this story? Then share it!