Meditation and prayer find encouragement; resting in God and being renewed in the Spirit are the instruments of the peace we offer. In the quiet of the woods, the contemplative walk of the labyrinth, the serenity of the grotto, the solitude of your room, or the peacefulness of the chapel, you can discover the gift of God's presence in the stillness of your heart.
Conveniently located in the heart of the Midwest in Indianapolis, Indiana, we offer a place set apart from the distractions of the outside world-13 acres of serenity in the city. Join us for one of our retreats or programs, host your own retreat here, or come for a day of silence or private retreat. Experience the comfort and Christian hospitality that is Our Lady of Fatima Retreat House!
Please join me in welcoming two Providence Cristo Rey High School student interns to Fatima this year: Calvin & Nathan! We look forward to working with you and getting to know you. If you are at Fatima on a Wednesday, please introduce yourself to Calvin and Nathan!
Monday, October 5th: Mass & dedication for the new chapel stained glass window, Miracle of the Sun, and the Rosary Walk & Prayer Garden, made possible by Eagle Scout Michael Rushka and donations made in memory of Katie & Ed Lamperski. Join us for Mass at 5:30 pm followed by the dedication. Refreshments will be served following the dedication. Reservations are appreciated but not required! Contact Marcia at 317-545-7681 ext 107 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday, October 8th: The Fatima Volunteer League presents their annual High Tea Fund Raiser! This event, which sells out each year, is a tradition at Fatima for 16 years! For more information or to decorate or reserve a table, please contact Donna Ward at 317-823-2308 or Nancy Lee at 317-842-5960.
Monday, November 2nd: Annual Dinner & Fund Raiser for Our Lady of Fatima Retreat House programs and ministries! Join us to celebrate our 65th Anniversary Year, 6:00 pm at the Willows on Westfield. More details here!
ISP continues to make an impact in the Indianapolis area: Take a moment to read this recent article about the ISP (Ignatian Spirituality Project) retreats here at Fatima. Sr. Connie Kramer, SP, is now the local coordinator of the ministry and she is assisted by a wonderful group of men and women facilitators and support team members. The men's team is led by Larry Connolly. These retreats are an amazing experience for all involved, and we are grateful to all who help make these retreats possible!
Because our first offering of Prayer through Mary's Eyes was at capacity and due to continued interest, we will offer this same program on Tuesday evening September 29th, 5:30 - 9:00 pm with Fr. Jim Farrell. Click here to register! For a flyer about this event, please click here.
What's New at Fatima?
Upcoming retreats & programs.....
- September 14: Silent Self-Guided Day of Reflection
- September 21: Ignatian Spirituality Project Monthly Community Prayer and Meeting - learn more about these evenings by clicking here.
- September 27: Always Loving Our Children - this is another gathering offered to all who are struggling with issues and feelings related to the discovery that a son/daughter/family member has same sex attraction. Join our facilitating team, including Fr. Joe Moriarty, for this opportunity to share struggles and hopes, ask questions of others, and to learn more. This is not a formal program but a continuing opportunity to come together in support, prayer, and conversation.
- October 2-4: Being & Belonging - A Weekend of Support for Separated & Divorced Catholic Men and Women. Visit our full calendar of events to see more details about this weekend or how to register.
Be sure to check our calendar of events for all that Fatima has to offer. We are sure there is a retreat or program that will be beneficial to you on your journey through this life! And never hesitate to call us with any questions you might have.
- We now have a page dedicated to our ministry and partnership with the Ignatian Spirituality Project. Learn more about this much needed ministry taking place in 26+ cities around the country and in Canada!
- We offer a wonderful way to enhance your own prayer life or to share the gift of prayer with others in a unique way: Fr. Jim Farrell's Pathways to Prayer Guided Meditation CD's. Click here to find out how these CD's can make a difference in your own life or that of a friend. They make a wonderful resource for a parish library as well as a thoughtful gift at Christmas or any time! AND coming soon...look for Pathways to Prayer V as well as the Examen, both recorded by Fr. Jim!
- Sign up for Fr. Jeff Godecker's DAILY Reflections via e-mail Join over 400 participants in this daily ministry. Take a moment each day to stop, reflect and pray.
- What makes a great gift any time of year? A gift card from our bookstore and gift shop or a retreat certificate! Gift cards can be purchased in any dollar amount and used toward any gift shop purchase. Retreat certificates are available for various retreats and programs sponsored by Our Lady of Fatima! Stop in any time the office is open to make your purchase.
- Are you receiving Our Lady of Fatima Retreat House news and information by e-mail? By clicking here you can sign up for monthly updates on what is happening at Fatima. Don't miss out!
- Visit our silent retreats page to learn about the opportunities we offer for silent reflection and conversation with God! We provide one day each month for silent self-guided days as well as opportunities for silent directed retreats. Spiritual Direction is available upon request for an additional suggested donation.
Our Lady of Fatima Catholic Retreat House welcomes people of all faiths to come away and rest in God. We offer hospitality, a peaceful setting with a supportive environment for reflection, and programs for spiritual renewal.
Bookstore and Gift Shop
New inventory arrives often! We offer a great selection of gift cards, books, music CD's, sacramental gifts, gifts for the home and much more. Come and see what is available any time our office is open, most days from 7:30 am until 4:00 pm and often until 7:30 pm. Call us to confirm hours. (317) 545-7681.
The gift shop is a wonderful place to keep in mind as you are shopping not only for personal gifts and gifts for the home but also for the sacramental moments in life! We have truly unique and special items for First Holy Communion, Weddings, Confirmation, Ordination, and much more! We offer a wonderful variety of books, music CD's and beautiful rosaries, medals, statues, and other gifts for that special person in your life.
We accept cash and checks as well as VISA, MasterCard & Discover. Gift cards are now available! Purchase a gift card in any dollar amount good toward any bookstore/gift shop purchase.